Black D'uccle ? What?

Ok here is a pic of that black milli fluer chick, he is a frizzle which means the dad is the red frizzle
13887_copy4_of_imag0573.jpg

and this pic is now from yesterday, i love teh gold markings.
13887_copy_of_imag0623.jpg

And a milli fluer, dad is the red frizzle and mom is a milli fluer
13887_imag06361.jpg

Last edited:
I have alsostarted on a project for frizzle d'Uccles. My mille fleur d'Uccle roo crossed with my white frizzle bantam Cochin. I got some black chicks as well but as they matured some had some gold around their necks and some white flecks on their breasts. I had thought I would keep them until this fella came along:

Now I can't wait until next year! In the meantime, I am trying to decide which color of d'Uccle would be best to cross it back to for the best.

Last edited:
This is one of the black ones I didn't keep after I saw what it would most likely turn out to be. The second pic is of this older sibling, which was the same color as the chick in 1st pic below, shows more than I can describe. It's feathers turned out to be straight as I expected some to be:

Last edited:
Now for a hen that I purchased as a brown red d'Uccle from a hatchery:

She is totally black with any other color showing in these pictures actually just from my camera or from soil.
She has a beautiful blue and greenish blue sheen.
I have never found mention of black d'Uccles in the US. Has anyone else??? I would say this hen is black!

Your black hen is beautiful, your chicks are to, unfortanatly, i had a few go missing and then something got into my deuccle pen, but i did start my project back up this winter so far no eggs lol, i have had a few peaple ask me for them.

Back
Top Bottom