Black Frizzle Cochins

Quote:
stay away from ramona.
she sells sick birds! and acts like she has no idea. i got 12 birds from her that were all very ill and it turns out she sent them to me even though she knew they were infected with ILT (chickens herpes virus extremly deadly!!)

Hello everyone this is Ramona who you have all been spreading lies and rumors about.

I am NPIP certified and yes I did have ILT this spring and some birds were shipped BEFORE I knew that I had it and as soon as I knew I contacted everyone and worked with them and the state vet to the best of my ability to make everything right.

Every bird on my farm at that time and every bird born since have been vaccinated with LT-IVAX eye drop method and my farm was quarantined from May until the end of July.

I have been cleared to sell and show by the Veterinary of the State of WA.

It seems that because of a few vindictive people who are spreading rumors because they did not get their way I have became a victim of something that is not even true. Come on now are we adults or are we children.

I am inspected quarterly by the WA state vet as part of the AI irradication plan and once yearly to renew my NPIP. Do you honestly think if I was raising and selling sick birds that the Vet of the State of WA would allow me to stay in business.

Here is a pic of my frizzles..I love them are just wonderful and I am new to chicken owning ( I actually think they own me).
My lil roo Butters (was butterfly until we found out she was a he)
15098_picture_017.jpg

my six altogether (chicken, cleo, tippsey, piggy, butters and honey)
15098_chicken_coop_010.jpg

I just acquired what I believe is a black frizzle bantam Cochin. Admittedly, I'm a complete noob in regard to this breed, but I hear that they are excellent mothers and often go broody and I would like to experiment with teaching her to hatch and brood my quail eggs as I've seen others do.

I have 8 other "real" hens and my coop is about 3 feet off the ground with a long ramp. I'm wondering if this will be suitable for my new little lady, or if she needs to have something closer to the ground? Also, the coop has 3 regular sized nest boxes and one that's about 11" deep by 10" wide. Is nest box size something that makes a difference to them?

Here is a picture of my coop:

To all you experienced BBFC (?) owners, does this coop look to be unsuitable for the little lady?

My husband and I just pick up our first rooster and he's a Black Frizzle. He's very friendly so far, and has no problem following you around when your outside. He has only been with us for 3 days now. The first day we brought him home he was being picked on by my big girls, but I told my husband it was because he's too cute, and they were jealous. LOL - well yesterday we went and picked up a female black Frizzle, and now he seems much happier that he has someone his size to hang out with. These guys are way different from all the breeds we have but once we saw him there was no leaving him behind! we just had to have him. so meet Sunny and Cher! :love
0706181830.jpg
0707181229.jpg

Back
Top Bottom