Black Java - wanted in CA

Rosewynd

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 18, 2008
Anza, CA
Does anyone in SoCal have black Javas? I don't have an incubator, so would prefer day old chicks, or older.

I got them! 6 hens and 2 roos.... a nice starter flock! They are feathered out and look very healthy.

Woo-Hoo - Doing the happy dance!

Yeahhhh! I am glad you were able to get them, rather than just anyone. Some folks might have only wanted laying hens and not take the roos. That would have been a shame. I hope you get lots of Black Java chicks and eggs!

Quote:
I'd love to buy some fertile eggs from you if /when you start selling them!?

Congrats on your new flock!

nancy

Nancy - I would love to have eggs go to people who'd like to start their own flock.

My babies are 6 weeks old, so it'll be a few months yet before they start laying.... and then I'll have to figure out how to ship eggs.
smile.png

Woohoo! Black Javas are a wonderful heritage breed. I'd love to have a few myself. In fact, I want a flock of every chicken! Now only to get DH to agree with me.

Chicky Tocks - they are the most beautiful chickens in the world! Your husband won't be able to resist them, LOL!

They are an American breed, originating between 1835 and 1850.

They're a dual purpose homesteading breed. They are supposed to do very well when allowed to free range (which they will NOT be doing here, because there are too many hawks).

Back
Top Bottom