Black Laced Red Wyandotte Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by serama mamma, Jul 25, 2015.

1. serama mamma

serama mamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2015
    Thank you! We don't have the rooster anymore. He kept on jumping me because he didn't like me messing with his lady since we only have one hen and she is mine. The rooster was my moms but we gave him to my grandma. Now he has his little flock of full sized hens.

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Overrun With Chickens

Awww....you're so lucky. They're a gorgeous breed! I would love to have bantams, but since they only come straight run, we can't exactly do that right now. Our Lavender Orpington cockerel is enough at the moment. [​IMG]

-Alexandra33

3. serama mamma

Mar 6, 2015
    I bet.

4. serama mamma

Mar 6, 2015
    Roosters are handfuls that's for sure. [​IMG]

5. Alexandra33

So I've heard! [​IMG] Mine is getting bigger every day, and I'm really hoping that he'll turn out well.

-Alexandra33

6. serama mamma

Mar 6, 2015
    Well we have four roosters right now. Their going back to my Grandma's house. [​IMG] We just moved them in a big dog kennel. So that we could put my Serama hen back outside with the big hens.

7. Alexandra33

Wow! What breeds? Seramas? Oh, and do they all get along? Oh my goodness, that's a lot of questions at once; I'm sorry. [​IMG]

-Alexandra33

8. serama mamma

Mar 6, 2015
    No. They are not Seramas. That is all right that is not that many questions. Welsummer x Australorp was the dad. Mom was Australorp. We have two of his babies one was a rooster and one was a hen. Easter eggers of the same mom and dad. Both had really cool colors both were roosters, sadly. Olive egger or Easter Egger boy have two hens that look almost exactly the same except one has muffs. Kitty is the one with muffs she is my favorite. I love her to death. She is probably my favorite out of the standard laying hens. I have a couple of others but they are touch me nots. You can pick her up and hold her, and also pet her. She is very social. That rooster and her and the other one were best of buds. But we have to get rid of them all. Looking for a rooster? LOL Kinda long sorry. They all get along fine but they are still not that old. Like their spurs have not developed. Again sorry for such a long post.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  9. Alexandra33

No worries; your post isn't that long. [​IMG]

You have some very interesting sounding roosters, and they are probably as lovely to look at, too! One thing you'll learn about me is that I LOVE beards and muffs, so I'll bet Kitty is insanely adorable. I have 4 EEs, but only one has a beard and muffs, and two true Ameraucanas who have big-time beards and muffs that I hug every day.

-Alexandra33

10. serama mamma

Mar 6, 2015
    You can bet! She is one of the most prettiest chickens to me! She is the cutest little stinker she could get away with murder. LOL She can just look at me with that fluffy face and I would forget all about it. Unless she was mean to my serama hen. My Serama was my first chicken ever. She is so precious she is in my profile picture. She is like a teeny little chick to those guys. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by