black sex link,good breed or not?

Phew glad I got an all black there was some in the group she was with had white on their heads

That's one of many wonderful qualities of Black Sex Links; it's very easy to tell male chicks from female chicks. If there's a white spot on top of their black heads, it's a male. If the top of the head is solid black, it's a female. No guess work needed. :eek:)

Huh I wonder why they marked the sign all pulletes cuz there was def chicks in there with white on the head.

Did they come from a feed store or tractor supply? Unfortunately feed stores and tractor supplies are notorious for mixing up chicks and mis-marking bins. It's rare that feed store and tractor supply employees know anything about chicken breeds and BYC has had hundreds of posts with horror stories about getting the wrong chickens from these stores. I don't have a problem with buying chicks from a feed store or tractor supply but you definitely have to know what to look for in chicken breeds before you do.

If you bought black sexlink chicks that were all black except for a small patch of white on the back of their heads, you bought the cockerels.
If the backs of their heads were solid black, they are girls.

If you bought black sexlink chicks that were all black except for a small patch of white on the back of their heads, you bought the cockerels.
If the backs of their heads were solid black, they are girls.

X2 on that. As I indicated, Black Sex Link chicks are color coded for you. White spot on head = male chick; no white spot on head = female chick.

Rr idk...hey is the a bantam barred Plymouth rock breed?I have two and one of them is really small but she is getting her comb and has wing feathers and tail feathers...

Back
Top Bottom