Black Sex-Link Picture Thread!

Black Sex Links are derived from breeding a male Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire Red with a Barred Rock Hen. When the chicks hatch, each male will have a patch of white feathers on his head. Otherwise, chicks will be all black. The roosters will grow up Barred and the females black with a rusty red chest.

Black Sex Link Rooster (sometimes have little areas of brown/red feathers)

Black Sex link Hen (L) Astralorp Roo (R)

Gold Sex Links are a cross between a Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire rooster and a white rock hen. The female chicks will be orange, the males will be yellow.

The white/yellow chick mostly grown

The orange chick mostly grown

Black Sex Links are derived from breeding a male Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire Red with a Barred Rock Hen. When the chicks hatch, each male will have a patch of white feathers on his head. Otherwise, chicks will be all black. The roosters will grow up Barred and the females black with a rusty red chest.

Gold Sex Links are a cross between a Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire rooster and a white rock hen. The female chicks will be orange, the males will be yellow.

oh I really like that gold sex link! VERY pretty!

LaurieA, they are so cute! I have two 5 week old sex links that just wen through their ugly phase! They are growing up!

My girl is just going into week 5 . she is starting to get her red/brown coloring in front. She is my first black sex link but I can tell she is a little spunkier than my other girl her age already.

bow.gif
BINGO.............you have answered my question. I received 4 little "black sex-link cockrels" as kind of a packing to help ell the rest stay warm.. I was told they were cockrels. They have the little spots on their heads and I really wondered just what breeds came together to have them like this. Thank you!!!!!

All four of my Black sex-link mixes. We're not quite sure what they were mixed with because we got them from a nearby farmer. :) sorry for the bad picture quality. They're about 23 weeks right now :)

Back
Top Bottom