Black Sex-Link Picture Thread!

Daddy roo is SLW, Mama is BCM/RIR

Does the sex link work this way too?

There is another black chick w/ rose comb that is almost certainly a roo.
Yellow/Brown above is feathering out beautifully, w/ thin bars - but thinking a pullet.

This is my ten week old BSL, Hilda. I have two and she is my favorite. She's VERY talkative but not friendly. She's easy to catch because she's a porker and tolerates bring held. She started off as the runt and was my favorite teeny tiny black chick. But she exploded by 4 weeks and has been much larger than my other girls ever since. Can't wait to see her eggs! :)

My other BSL, recently named Atila the Hen because she's the meanest towards the baby EEs. Pretty though, my family just loves her color. Pretty but flighty :p ...

This is Snow White (left) and Belle (right), two of our Black Sex Links. My granddaughter likes to name our hens after Disney princesses.

... I'm hoping I can get the egg production a little higher, like 5 eggs/week/hen, in the chicks I hatch next spring, while still having nice big roosters for butchering. ...
I know this is an old comment I'm replying to. How did these turn out for you in the long run? I'm looking at doing the same cross, for the same reasons, and hopefully some more cold tolerance if the hens are a bit larger too.

Thanks,
chuck

Back
Top Bottom