Black Sex-Link Picture Thread!

Here's my girl Selena. She is around 12 weeks. I had another with a really red head and neck named Harley but a fox took her.
10486009_500088913457885_3037699303114013807_n.jpg

10489978_500089433457833_1387660577963592448_n.jpg

Does anyone else have a BSL with this patterning, or did I get an oddball? She's really pretty, if anything. Hoping for eggs soon!!! :D

She laid her first egg today! 17 weeks and 3 days old. She even did it in the right place. I'm so excited!!!! My first egg ever! :D

Thanks!!! I can't wait! I figured her "sister" Hilda would be first, so she surprised me. But I bet Hilda isn't far behind. Why didn't I get chickens sooner? :p

My broody hens stay on the nest even after dark, all night. When I go to gather any eggs from under them, they fluff out their feathers and bok...bok...bok so indignantly! I can pull them off the nest and they may stay sitting out in the floor and trill a high-pitched complaint but sit right there and start quieter slow bok-ing. If they leave the nest to eat/drink, they bok like a call to chicks and walk around more fluffed out than the others, and very vocal but so different than usual! May run at others more while feeding as in defense of chicks, even though they don't have chicks yet, then go back onto a nest. I band my broody hens right leg so I can tell if it's the same one going broody all the time or not. Usually is. I slip chicks under them in late springtime, but break them up from setting the rest of the year by putting in a high wire cage or somewhere they can't really nest. Takes mostly a week to break the setting urge.

Back
Top Bottom