Black Sex Link??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jessied1227, Aug 26, 2007.

1. jessied1227

jessied1227 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    East Brady, PA
    Here is a pic of my favorite hen, Amnesty. I know, bizarre name, but that's what I get for promising my 14 year old niece should could name a chicken when they came up from GA to visit. :
    [​IMG]

Is she a black sex link, or a plain old mutt? Either way, she's my favorite. She's the sweetest of all the hens and runs for scritches when she see me. [​IMG]

Thanks-
    Jess

2. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    She kind of looks like a mutt to me and the back of her does look like a sex-link. I have had quite a few and they never had that white going on with the chest area. She is cute, I love mutts if in fact that is what she is. They always have the neatest coloring!

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Beautiful purpley green sheen to her black feathers! Sorry i'm not familiar with her breed. But she is lovely.

4. jessied1227

jessied1227 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    East Brady, PA
    Well, she was sold to me as an Australorpe, and I know she's not one of those. I didn't when I got her as a chick, but she hasn't got the coloring right for it.

I'm okay with the mutt thing, lol. I was just wondering if there was a name out there for her kind of mutt.

Thanks-
    Jess

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by