Black Sexlinks?

howfunkyisurchicken

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Tn
I have no idea what these 2 girls are, black Sexlinks maybe? I've never had them, so I have no idea. They seem to have a more of a Leghorn shape (not very meaty), which is whats making me unsure. They have a few bits of gold in their hackle feathers, single combs and slate colored shanks. They lay medium sized cream colored eggs just about everyday.
These aren't the best pictures, they don't particularly care for me. They were gifted to me by a neighbor and he had no idea what they are.
For all I know, they could just be mixed breeds, but I figured I'd put them up and see if anyone knew for sure
smile.png

They look like pretty mixed breeds because Black Sex Links would have more gold on their hackles and breeds with black coloring shouldn't have any coloring other than black on them except for maybe a bit of white on they tips of their wings :)

Last edited:
I thought Sexlinks had more gold, and a more Orpington-like shape. But, they do have gold in their necks, mostly on the back. One has some white almost lacing in its saddle feathers.

They don't look like Black Sex Links that I've ever seen in 50 years of raising chickens, and I've seen a lot of Black Sex Links. :eek:) They just appear to be mixed breeds to me; perhaps with some Black Australorp and gamefowl in them.

Back
Top Bottom