Black silkies

BTW.... she does have dark curly hair so far. My family thought it was cute to give her a mohawk.
roll.png
I guess I was born the same exact way and then my hair changed to pure white blonde by the time I was 5. Mine has gradually gotten darker over the years. We'll see if she follows in my footsteps....

thumbsup.gif
Glad to hear everything went well, beautiful girl, love her up and enjoy, they grow up way too fast, we spread our three over 20 years and our youngest will be graduating already this year!!!! Anyway, good luck, enjoy, and hope to meet you sometime, I was born and raised west of you about 15 miles from SD transplanted to Ia, would like to go to Waverly, but quite a ways, found this thread acouple of weeks ago, and now have silkie eggs coming, your fault, just kidding , GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Hi, I would like to ask advice about selecting a cockerel between my two choices for my black breeding program. Right now I have 2 black pullets and 2 cockerels. Both pullets are nice but both cockerels have problems. One has overall nicer type and slightly larger, rounder crest, and a solid black color (with greenish sheen in the tail), but only 4 toes (I know that's really bad) and his wings are so-so. The other one has good toes and better wings, but gold leakage in his hackles. Which one should I use?

I had pretty much planned on selling the 4 toed boy for a pet, but if I could get a good 5 toed baby out of him it would probably help me to bypass the gold hackles.

TIA.

Back
Top Bottom