Black silkies

Quote:
I have a friend who has an absolutely STUNNING cream silkie. The judge in Tucson last November said it would have been Champion Bantam if it had been a recognised colour.

That said, I have had a couple of white silkies over the year's whose first set of jevenile feathers were a pale, pale yellow. But by the time they had their adult feathers, they were white.

I can see how that would happen,.. but still, sometimes it helps to laugh at yourself. Besides, we have quite a long way to go before there as many varieties of silkies as there are OEGs.

Not sure what size the wingbands are. I just ordered the ones through Randall Burkey that I was able to customize with the farm name and they don't give you a choice on size. The leg bands depend on what type you are using. The plastic bandettes usually require a 9 or 11. If you go with the metal ones its a 20 or 22.

OMG speaking of laughing at yourself, I had a good one this morning. Pull into the clinic parking lot like I always do and try to get out of my truck. Now I wasn't parked super close to the next car or anything, but I physically could not get out of my truck. Tried wedging myself about 3 times before I finally gave up and crawled back in. Moved my truck down to the far end where a spot was open next to my drivers side. Oh thank god no one was watching.....

i have a pure black one she my fav... :
wee.gif
only thing is she has a broken toe from when she was shipped to me but even with that she is great i didn't know they are hard to find she from mypetchicken.com

LOL!! If I were brave enough I'd post a pic of my belly with my toddler standing under it. Looks as if I were having triplets..... a torpedo sticking literally straight out of my belly. Pretty close to that "John & Kate plus 8" chick. Funny how some barely show, then others get HUGE! Good Luck Amy! Hope it goes easy for ya!

G'morning Y'all...

Finally back online. Its been a hectic few days in this household. Wednesday morning I checked in at the hospital at 6:30 am to start the induction. Kaylie Madison Piehl finally made her appearance at 9:53 pm. 7 pounds 1 ounce, 20.5". 2 days of poking and prodding on both of us. I could have stayed til saturday afternoon, but practically begged to be let out late yesterday afternoon. Home now and tons of unpacking/arranging to do. You think you're ready and then reality hits..... Got the phone and camera batteries on the chargers and will work on getting more pics later. This is just a quickie my brother sent from his phone so far:

IMG_20110318_144421.jpg

I'm off to catch a nap while she's finally asleep again.... BBL Amy
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom