Black silkies

i've read online and many people interested in silkies complain that they are hard to find. even posts in this forum ;)

In order of popularity and numbers of silkies shown by variety, I expect black to be the second most common, with white being first. At least that is my experience. Quality of silkies for any given variety depends on the breeders in the area.

In order of popularity and numbers of silkies shown by variety, I expect black to be the second most common, with white being first. At least that is my experience. Quality of silkies for any given variety depends on the breeders in the area.
well, it doesn't make a difference really, they're all adorable anyway :p I apologize for being mistaken!

Quote: well, it doesn't make a difference really, they're all adorable anyway :p I apologize for being mistaken!
No need to apologize! Pure black silkies are hard to come by. Finding breeders willing to sell good quality birds from pure black pens is not easy. I am on a wait list with an excellent breeder and may be on that list for several years. it's a good thing I am patient. lol

thumbsup.gif
nice!

Only guaranteed way is to breed them to a splash and if you get only 100% blues, then you know you have a black. Lots of other lil tricks to tell them apart but none of them foulproof.

Only guaranteed way is to breed them to a splash and if you get only 100% blues, then you know you have a black.  Lots of other lil tricks to tell them apart but none of them foulproof.

Lol I have no way to breed her so I'll just continue to assume she is black! Haha

I am happy to have a new little group of Black silkies. I dont have good pictures yet :) They all had wet heads from getting a drink of water after coming out of the shipping box.

Back
Top Bottom