Black silkies

Quote: A white foot feather or to does not mean blue. Leakage in a cock is not supposed to be a DQ, but may judges will DQ it anyways. It is a DQ in a cockerel, hen or pullet. Showmanship birds are not judged by the standard...the person is judged for his/her knowledge about poultry, the breed, the variety and their bird in particular. So if you are using bird with leakage for showmanship, be upfront and tell the judge that the leakage is a DQ. But be able to point out the birds good features as well.

Last edited:
My boys are growing up so fast!!! I love them more all the time. They are around 6 months old now.

"GQ"

"Slick"

Hoping this is a pullet since we have named her "Madam Butterfly"
fl.gif

Velvet isnt looking half bad either!
love.gif

GQ has a gorgeous pompom for a tail! They are all looking great Sherry. You take such good care of your birds.
My boys are growing up so fast!!! I love them more all the time. They are around 6 months old now. "GQ" "Slick" Hoping this is a pullet since we have named her "Madam Butterfly" :fl Velvet isnt looking half bad either!:love

Anybody know of someone in need of a pure black silkie cock? Sherry do you have any contacts?

Grandson of "Monster" (Amy Jo Piehls rooster) is in need of a new home. He is just a year old, from a pure black pen and is deep glossy black with green sheen. My special needs daughter can not catch him since he prances around like king of the pen and is a bit of a cranky pants. Once we pick him up, he is very gentle. He is sitting on my lap in the kitchen as I type.

These photos taken in the sunlight don't do his color justice. Willing to ship if the weather holds out otherwise local pickup. Would like to send him off to a new home tomorrow as we are reconfiguring the coop layout. I am putting up a classified if BYC will let me using Tapatalk. Please PM if need more info.

yjy9adub.jpg

dyhegyvu.jpg

These are 8 weeks old, from Aaron Hunsinger stock. They just arrived along with a dead brother after being sent out FOR DELIVERY in 101 degree weather, despite clear instructions to call me. Anyhow, we all know PO workers are generally unable to process the idea of empathy or common sense, so...

Can anyone hazard a guess as to the sexes of the two that made it? I see a boy and a girl, but, like a true American, I am likely doing so because I WANT a boy and a girl:

Bird #1 has longer legs and a stouter beak; currently weighs 1.10 lbs:

Bird #2 has a slimmer beak and is shorter; currently weighs .80 lbs:

But both crests currently look about the same, and both are full bearded. Video may help; the bird in the foreground at the beginning is the one I suspect of an ovary, the one who is eating, testes:

Also, does anyone have anything to say about the quality of the birds Hunsinger produces? These impress me very much, but I'd like to hear what I don't know firsthand.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom