Black silkies

I just received 20 black silkies eggs from KY that I will be setting wednesday and watching like a hawk with every available appendage crossed. Wish me luck
jumpy.gif

aww -- well 4 is better than 0 -- hope all goes well -- show us some chickie pics when they
big_smile.png
hatch -- I'll be doing some testing here hopefully in a couple of weeks -- I've been working on my blacks for awhile and must say I'm getting nice results -- time now to see how the young ones I choose to keep produce
roll.png
you just never know till they grow out ~~~ Tammy

Update on the Piehl farm.... Just getting ready for winter up here. Thankfully we have only seen snow fly once so far and weather has been gorgeous this fall. Made all final cuts to the breeder and growout pens just before the big Waverly swap a few weeks ago. 23 whites, 20 blacks, 6 buff, 4 blue, and 4 splash made the final cuts. I made it to my only poultry show this fall and have a couple of pigeon shows on the docket next month. Incubators are on and hopefully will have some luck getting chicks soon. My daughter is now 7 months old, teething, and absolutely into everything. Even though I've cut down on birds a bit, I still have my hands full this year.

Here are a few updated pics.... Most of the older ones are molting on me so hard to get any decent pics.

content___media_external_images_media_152.jpg

content___media_external_images_media_151.jpg

content___media_external_images_media_143.jpg

100_1815.jpg

100_1816.jpg

100_1812.jpg

100_1814.jpg

100_1740.jpg

100_1741.jpg

100_1738.jpg

WOW!!!!
ep.gif
Amy those look amazing...
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
I bet you have your hands full with that lil one. Don't you love how they molt right at show time
smile.png
I walked by the pen and it looked like one exploded feathers everwhere
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom