Black spots in egg?

Yes take it out with you. Is the belly all healed? just don't want it getting dirty if not.
When I had my duckling [mama rejected it at hatch] He went every where with me just like I was his mama. When I sat down if he wasn't in my lap he had his head up into my jeans leg and when I would hold him I had a towel over my shoulder and he would climb under and go to sleep they are just so precious. I miss that and this guy is 7 yrs old now and still my baby boy. lol The others will imprint on each other this lil one has imprinted on you.

Yes take it out with you. Is the belly all healed? just don't want it getting dirty if not.
When I had my duckling [mama rejected it at hatch] He went every where with me just like I was his mama. When I sat down if he wasn't in my lap he had his head up into my jeans leg and when I would hold him I had a towel over my shoulder and he would climb under and go to sleep they are just so precious. I miss that and this guy is 7 yrs old now and still my baby boy. lol The others will imprint on each other this lil one has imprinted on you.
Awe! Is that a muscovy to? There personality seem like they are very sweet birds from what I'm Reading.
It's belly is very close to being healed. I figured once it is I coukd try putting with others.

Yes Muscovy drake. He is awesome, but we did have a rough go once he started into his hormone time around 4-5 months but I came on here and got help and we made it through.
Do you have chickens to? I have free range chickens during the day. I'm going to have them in different coups at night. I want to breed Welsh harliquin and Anconas so I need drakes.. I also need to figure out to keep this one of its a drake. I can't give it up I'm attached. My first purpose was get few ducks then all but. One were boys. So decided to hatch some Anconas. Now all my plans changed. I've heard people. Say if you have enough females for the drakes they will leave the chickens alone. Looking for advice. Id rather have the ducks then the chickens. Same time I don't want to give up the chickens I have.

My ducks and chickens don’t live together all the time, but I let my ducks range the yard almost all the time. And I let one chicken pen out each evening, sometimes thru the day. They either avoid each other, or don’t even pay attention to each other mostly.
Took this pic yesterday evening. OEGB youngsters, call duck momma and her babies in the background.
I also have Marans and they sometimes pick at each other, but nothing major. I think it all depends on your flocks. Give it a try and see what happens.

Oh the ducks love to find the open pen and go in and raid their food and dirty up their water. :D
F206C6BC-D726-4862-B378-78BE234581A3.jpeg

My Muscovies actually sleep in the same coop with my chickens even roost with them at times. My drake the sweet one I was just talking[ lol] about can get hateful and grab hold of a hen and pull some feathers out this is during breeding season and of course my broody female ducks can give everyone a run for their money But for the most part they really do great together. Never had any problems with any of my drakes going after the hens They both have enough female ducks to keep them busy.
My other drake is a Runner.
If this lil one you have turns out to be Muscovy or mix you can get about 3 females for him and he should be a happy boy. If you don't want ducklings from them just take eggs up everyday. Opie is like one of the dogs, in winter he likes to come in and spend time with us. I put a towel down on the floor by my computer and he will lay there by me. he loves dry dog food so he has his own bowl. lol Naw he isn't a spoiled duck at all.

In winter all my birds including my 2 geese like to bunch up in the same coop together then everyone is chilled out and it can be done. During breeding season my Muscovy drake and my geese cannot be in the same area hardly.

My ducks and chickens don’t live together all the time, but I let my ducks range the yard almost all the time. And I let one chicken pen out each evening, sometimes thru the day. They either avoid each other, or don’t even pay attention to each other mostly.
Took this pic yesterday evening. OEGB youngsters, call duck momma and her babies in the background.
I also have Marans and they sometimes pick at each other, but nothing major. I think it all depends on your flocks. Give it a try and see what happens.

Oh the ducks love to find the open pen and go in and raid their food and dirty up their water. :D
View attachment 1466777
Those ducks are adorable!!!! Yeah I had a few people say the drakes don't bother the chickens but they have alot of females. Then a guy got on and ruined that now I'm Scared. Are. Your marans known to be peckers I was googling trying to find out.. We have alot of pearl. Leg horns and nothing but issues. They were always bloody I always had them Separated to heal. It wasn't a penkin order. I don't know anyone that had the issues I did. I'd get it under control for a few months and back at it. They definitely have enough space. They free range during the day minus winter they don't come out. I don't have a rooster right now it had to go. Now I'm down to one pearl leg horn two amercaunaz. Marans is what I was looking for but my guess is pearl Leghorn are known to be that way. I was going To get Maran eggs next but decided finish getting the Anconas. Learycow said he had Ancona eggs so waiting to hear back.
How many ducks do you have and how many drakes? If you don't mind me asking.

All drakes are so different. I have heard members say their drakes will try to mate anything I have never seen that here. My scovy drakes will not even mess with young ducklings they really are amazing. Muscovy's are slow to mature also they are around 8-9 months before they lay their first egg and usually they don't start mating till right before that. My Runner has never been around ducklings so I don't know how he would be with them as far as wanting to mate with any.

All drakes are so different. I have heard members say their drakes will try to mate anything I have never seen that here. My scovy drakes will not even mess with young ducklings they really are amazing. Muscovy's are slow to mature also they are around 8-9 months before they lay their first egg and usually they don't start mating till right before that. My Runner has never been around ducklings so I don't know how he would be with them as far as wanting to mate with any.
That's exactly what I heard.. I had a handful of pwople Say just keep ratio good and you will be fine. There's were all. Mixed. Then a guy got on and said his drakes will go after anything. If needed I could let one free range one day and one then next but I guess wouldn't hurt to try and see what happens.

Yep I think it's making sure there aren't so many drakes that there aren't enough female ducks to accommodate them. And then again you just have to see how it goes in your flock believe me it can all be totally different than what someone else has. Are you going to have breeding pens for your ducks?

Back
Top Bottom