Black spots in egg?

If you do it quickly and carefully, the others will be fine. That’s really my biggest complaint with that incubator is that it’s hard to open and close and keep it aligned just right. I usually stick a fingernail under one side of the lid and just lift that side, to keep it basically in line.
You can also have a damp sponge ready to toss in when you open it, which will keep the humidity up as soon as you close it.
OK, I am not sure if you remember me on another post my humidity was messed up my air cells were small. So I dropped humidity.. Lesson learned I am running low and will increase if needed. I didn't have these issues last time but I have one that must have dry membrane. I'd like to know what caused this so I don't do it again. Here is picture of another egg. My humidity was not that high just about where it should have been. I did loose power twice but had generator hooked up both times within half hour. Do you know if it's something I did or does it just happen sometimes?

Attachments

• 20180709_115639.jpg
    20180709_115639.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 10
OK, I am not sure if you remember me on another post my humidity was messed up my air cells were small. So I dropped humidity.. Lesson learned I am running low and will increase if needed. I didn't have these issues last time but I have one that must have dry membrane. I'd like to know what caused this so I don't do it again. Here is picture of another egg. My humidity was not that high just about where it should have been. I did loose power twice but had generator hooked up both times within half hour. Do you know if it's something I did or does it just happen sometimes?

Is this the same egg that pipped on the bottom, away from the air cell? I do remember your earlier troubles with too high humidity.

My impression of this one - It doesn't really look too dry, but the discoloration is because he missed the air cell, and some of the internal goo has coated the opening, turning the white membrane the brownish color. Usually the pip is nice and white because of the air cell being behind it. But I think where it pipped downward, gravity took over.

Can you tell that the duckling is still active?

Is this the same egg that pipped on the bottom, away from the air cell? I do remember your earlier troubles with too high humidity.

My impression of this one - It doesn't really look too dry, but the discoloration is because he missed the air cell, and some of the internal goo has coated the opening, turning the white membrane the brownish color. Usually the pip is nice and white because of the air cell being behind it. But I think where it pipped downward, gravity took over.

Can you tell that the duckling is still active?
No this one was a different egg which is in the air cell. They are both active and moving.. The one below air cell is getting beak through now but needs to brake more of the shell. Three have hatched OK but membrane didn't look like these and another is about to hatch.

Here's update. They all hatched The one with the black spots did but I didn't see anything in the shell. Also the two that pipped wrong. Today I got them out. I gave them long time and they were not making it on there own. Here is picture two are not in here.

Looks like it turned out to be a great hatch! They are adorable, congrats! :love

Oh my gosh I just pulled last duck out of bator candled the one that I didn't think was going to hatch and it's in air cell. I'll. Do safety hole later just because not sure how long It's been in air cell for.

Woohoo!
When was the last time you checked it? (Prior to this)

Back
Top Bottom