Black Star Nuts

chickmchickie

Songster
8 Years
Jul 6, 2011
Ely Mn
I have 5 black stars .. and it seems that 3 of them are mean at 3 weeks old hahahaha.. they will run for me and bite my feet they stand really talk and head bounce at me like they wont back down .. i have to laugh now but what will happen when they get full gown, are they normally like this? my other ones are so sweet.. new hamp are very sweet and will come and sit on my lap when i am sitting on the ground.. rir are good too.. the black aus, are ok .. and my one free check i have no clue what it is or male or female is friendly when he or she wants to be hahaha

Last edited:
Do i have BO or something.. * sniffs pits* nope... its really hard to get people to post back to me but i have tons of lookers.. is it cause i am newer here? and just dont fit in here?

I don't know what time zone you are in, but most everyone is asleep now.

As for the chicks behavior, they are just acting out. You're the big giant and that they are coming up to you, at all, is interesting. I'd take it as a compliment at this point. Most Black Sex links we've had were rather shy and stand offish.

I've had two black stars in the last 3 years. Both were champion layers.

I was expecting pics when I opened the thread.....

I too have trouble with no one answering me.
I dont really think its cause we are new I think it maybe because I ask dumb questions:)
I'm sure I sound like an idiot to people who have been keeping chickens for years but
everyone was a newb at some point so I feel the only dumb questions are the ones that aren't asked.
lol ask me anything about keeping saltwater fish/corals and I tell you everything you need to know then ask
me what breed of chicks I just bought and I haven't a clue
barnie.gif
oh well I have Red Sexlinks and they have always been very sweet
and friendly I honestly don't know if the blacks have a different disposition or not but mine do peck my feet when they get the chance
I just push them away when they do that and they seen to get the hint:) good luck and if you need another newb to talk to lol remember
I will listen and respond!
thumbsup.gif

I'm newish and I don't think that people are not responding because you are new. I look at a lot of threads but I will only post either when I have an answer I am relatively sure about, being mouthy (or in this case wordy
big_smile.png
) or because I think the OP really needs an answer quickly
duc.gif
hide.gif

Take your original post, I don't have any Black Stars so I don't know how they are suppose to act
idunno.gif
but I do have lots of things to say about your follow up post on BO, lookers and no posters, being new and not fitting in. Talking about BO, I haven't had a shower yet as I've been watching the chicks chasing each other across the backyard.
gig.gif

Never had BSL, but I think got the wrong impression from the second post!

I was like, "how the heck can a person fit a buff orp. under each arm, and manage to hold on to them while raising their arms to sniff?"

I don't have black stars, but know from my winged owners that when a select few do this, it's kinda like a toddler hoping for and checking for treats. One of my 8 week old rr's she doesn't like me to sit on the chair outside and will poke through the net as a means of nagging until I get down on her level....with a treat specifically for her. Yesterday was funny, most the time my black lab accompanies me for morning snack after letting them out of the coop. She was in front of me, big doggy smile, ready to greet the gals, but when the flock heard the door, it looked like Far Side meets Alfred Hitchcock, a stampede and blurr of feathers. My dog jumped back and nearly backpedaled to the safety of the house.

Yup, that sounds about right. I always have a few in each batch of chickens (not consistent with any breed) that seem to enjoy storming my feet. THey grow out of this rather quickly, thank goodness, although they eye my sandalfoot toes rather closely when I am foolish enough to enter the coop with them on!

Back
Top Bottom