Black_Cat's Ultimate Chicken Name Thread!

I'm so jealous of your huge flock! Do you have your silkies in a separate coop or no? I'm also jealous of all your cochins! Beachball chickens!

You'll get there! I have a thing for fluffy animals (we've got 4 fluffy cats too) so I knew I wanted the brahmas and cochins. For the moment, the tiny peepers (4 young silkies) are in a separate coop and Henrietta and her chicks are in a somewhat separated area in the big coop, but otherwise everyone is in there together. We're having to improvise because the cost of wood has increased so much, but I'm hoping to give the turkeys their own space soon, mostly because they're hogging all the roosts!

You'll get there! I have a thing for fluffy animals (we've got 4 fluffy cats too) so I knew I wanted the brahmas and cochins. For the moment, the tiny peepers (4 young silkies) are in a separate coop and Henrietta and her chicks are in a somewhat separated area in the big coop, but otherwise everyone is in there together. We're having to improvise because the cost of wood has increased so much, but I'm hoping to give the turkeys their own space soon, mostly because they're hogging all the roosts!
Fluffy animals are glorious.

I was all excited to name my 3 girls Henny, Penny, and Little. Then my 7yo son saw them, and promptly announced Love for the one who always wanted to be cuddled, Peck for the one always pecking at things, and Brownie for the brown one. Sigh. At least he was a bit more creative than usual; I would've expected Chick, Chicken, and Chickie.
Love, Peck, and Brownie in the picture!

Attachments

• 0925201641_HDR.jpg
    0925201641_HDR.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 1
Roos:
Arnold the Enforcer
Figaro
Placido
Willie Nelson
Bing
King Louis
Mr. Waits
Lord Whimsy
Buffy McBoof
Cosmo the Creator
Dizzy
The Doctor
The Master

Ladies:
(current)
Leonora Carrington
Winifred
Little Vera
Babette
Mizz Essie Davis
Ursula LeGuin
Lavar Burton

(sold)
Remedios
Varo
Honey Ryder
Maude
Moon
Maeve

(future)
Aunt Penny
Cora
Nina
Louise Bourgeois
Georgia
Frida
Colette
Amelia Pond
Rose

Surnames and Titles to be used for:
McFlooferz
Inspector
Esquire
Sir
FluffyPantz

........to name a few

I was all excited to name my 3 girls Henny, Penny, and Little. Then my 7yo son saw them, and promptly announced Love for the one who always wanted to be cuddled, Peck for the one always pecking at things, and Brownie for the brown one. Sigh. At least he was a bit more creative than usual; I would've expected Chick, Chicken, and Chickie.
Love, Peck, and Brownie in the picture!
I really want to name one Penny, or Henny Penny as well! As names go, Love, Peck, and Brownie are pretty good. My brother wanted Chicken Joe (there's a fast food place near us called chicken joe's) Bonzo, and Football for ours.

Back
Top Bottom