Black_Cat's Ultimate Chicken Name Thread!

For a while we were worried about that too, so we reduced the amount she ate and kept a close watch on her health. She seems very healthy and happy, and we're very glad we kept her! She also lays very large eggs. She once laid one that was bigger than a duck egg and then some!
How do you reduce the amount that the CX eats without underfeeding the rest of the flock?
Wow, that's a HUGE egg! :O

Mine doesn’t lay yet, most of mine don’t (at 9 months) they’re all just a bunch of freeloaders Lol. I feed her and her flock of normal large fowl chickens a bucket of feed at 5:00 every day. She also gets free ranged and I make her fly small distances each day. She can fly up to the top of our swing, 4 feet. My last one layed jumbo eggs and they were creamish white.

Mine doesn’t lay yet, most of mine don’t (at 9 months) they’re all just a bunch of freeloaders Lol. I feed her and her flock of normal large fowl chickens a bucket of feed at 5:00 every day. She also gets free ranged and I make her fly small distances each day. She can fly up to the top of our swing, 4 feet. My last one layed jumbo eggs and they were creamish white.
What type of feed do you give? And have a good night! :)

I now realize that you probably meant if I had a separate pen for each rooster. :lol: I didn’t, I had one pen with a big flock of only roosters in it. I don’t have my bachelor pad anymore, but not because the roosters didn’t get along.
No, I meant one big seperated coop for you’re rooster community. No need to give them individual coops as long as there are no hens involved in this setup. 🐓
(Sorry, I am really Dutch , not a native English speaker and sometimes I don’t choose the right words to express myself )

Back
Top Bottom