Blackberry? - Who has them?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    My voyager has been busted for a while and I feel helpless without my phone. I finally went to the verizon store and showed them my 4th replacement voyager that had fallen apart on its own.. well sort of..

After looking at all the phones and features the salesman glanced at the services I use there already and said, you know, switching all this over to a blackberry would actually be cheaper than buying this all seperate.... DING DING DING we have a winner. I like saving money.

So I coughed up $49 for the phone, and the guy setup the email for me, made sure I had the updated GPS software (something I use lots of) and showed me a bundle pack I "Could" get with my phone. Well I needed a case anyways, as well as a car charger so I ended up with a bluetooth headset. Man that thing was slightly annoying, and either I'm def, or you can't turn the volume up enough on it.

I love the phone so far. I've found a couple of sites dedicated to what they call the "crackberry" and I am starting to agree with the name. Texting, email, internet, gps oh yeah, I can use the phone too!!!!!

I'm curious who else has used them, what they think, and if there are any applications for it that are "must" have's.

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I love my BB!

I dont use alot of apps but I love being able to google from my phone and use whitepages and check the news and weather.

DH uses his to keep up with sports scores when he cant get a certain game on TV.

Love em!

3. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    DH has his 3rd crackberry - aka the electronic leash - assigned by his work. He is not allowed to turn it off or ignore it. EVER. Its just (edited out word) diesels engines, not the ER

4. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

That is a problem with DH here too. Work is a pain! They think because they CAN text him 24/7 that he should answer them 24/7.

And I did have to have a Crackberry Etiquette lesson with DH when I noticed him checking the game score under the table while we were at a friends house for dinner... [​IMG]

5. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    Oh man, I thought you were talking about blackberry bushes. [​IMG]
    I have a cell phone that barely works, doesn't even have a camera. [​IMG]
    I DID have beautiful blackberry bushes that gave me gallons of berries. Then they got overgrown and I cut them back. Now I can't get them to grow again, and I miss the berries.
    Okay, back to your regularly scheduled program...

6. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    I'd rather have blackberries than a Blackberry. Any day.

7. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    I love my blackberry curve! I have FB and I used to have myspace. My husband and I IM each other all day. I get my emails on my phone I have GPS, a camera, video, I can search the net . The screen seems HUGE. I mean I REALLY love it.

Whatever you do DO NOT play the brickbreaker game that is on the phone.

8. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    Have one and I love it.

9. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I love my blackberry. I use e-mail, maps, facebook, surf the web. It is sooo much easier to text on it than on a regular phone.

10. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I finally gave in and got one. Its pretty cool I must admit I did not get the touch screen one i hear those are more trouble than they are worth

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by