Blackberry? - Who has them?

I am debating . . .I am a realtor, and wonder if that might not be a good thing. I spend a fortune on the plan, because that is what we use exclusively, but does it use a lot more minutes when you are using the GPS feature and the other bells and whistles?

I had a smart phone, but realized there actually isn't much more it can do than my regular cell. I couldn't download files off e-mails, even if I could, Its not like it was a usable view or I could print it. I can google from my cell, just text "googl" give name city state.

The only thing I would use it for would be e-mail. As far as I am concerned, they can wait until I get somewhere to nab WiFi with my Laptop.

Then again, I don't have cable. What do I know, I am half amish.
old.gif

I'm on the road for work every day, so I needed a phone that would let me get my work email, edit Word documents and handle exel spread sheats. I had a pocket PC for several years, but the abuse I put it through killed it last week.

I have my service through Ntelos so we have a limited choice on phones compared to some providers. Anyway, I ended up with a Blackberry Pearl Flip.

I love it. I like that it has all the features of the blackberry, but the flip keeps it a little more protected and prevents me from pocket dialing anyone.

I was very happy to find out the blackberry also supports mobi pocket books in the same format as Kindle. I have two books on my phone now that were free online. nothing like being able to read a good book while your waiting on things!

You can never replace a vehicle based GPS. I am sorry, the more you use the phone, the more you charge it. If you want to buy one you need the plan to go with it. In my opinion, get one off ebay and try the service for awhile. Why pay more per month for applications you are not currently using. Especially in real estate now adays, keep your money in your pocket.

I believe we are slaves to the smartphones, we are strapped to its hip.

Quote:

Okay, we looked at iphones one day in walmart. We (DH & I) were both fascinated. Like two kids with a new toy. Played with all the demo apps. and I whined just a tad until I had DH convinced we needed one. Called the salesperson over.
He tells us that an iphone would be merely an expensive paperweight in our area, because we couldn't get service.
Why oh why do they tease us like that?!?
smack.gif

P.S. I'm still holding out hope that one day our cell service will be good enough that I don't have to stand out in the middle of a meadow, surrounded by cows, just to make a call.

Last edited:
Quote:
rofl me too... I was all primed to rant about them snagging the back of my heel when I was picking apples.
duc.gif

Several years ago, ours were all ripening at once, and I was getting ready to pick & freeze them all, then slash them back to the fence, when dear neighbor cut & sprayed them from the other side. I was so unhappy I ignored them (the berries-I actually like this neighbor) until this year. They've never been as good as they were that one year tho. Maybe next year, since DS has been whacking them back with me.
wee.gif

I have a Palm Treo (grrr I can't find the alt code for e with a - over it) that I've had for years, upgraded when each prior model quit behaving & was no longer available so they gave me the next one up. Seems like at least once a month someone says "new toy?"
rant.gif
or "is that a Blackberry?". I don't currently have the patience to learn a new device, and this one does what I need. lol someone at a picnic this year said "wow your phone is older than mine!"; that was actually ok, hehe.
The one thing I've seen on the BB that I wish I had; the scroll 'roller'. When this phone dies I may have to get a BB.

Last edited:
Quote:
nope, with blackberries, you have your minutes (texting optional) and your data plan. GPS is seperate from minutes and uses data, but it is a subscription service. The data plan does include your email to your phone as well as internet on your phone.

I have a Curve with an unlimited data plan. I love it. Only thing I don't like is the case that comes with it. It sucks so I leave it home. Of course, I dropped it and put a scratch in the screen...LOL

Now I have an after market case.

Here's my two cents worth contribution to the subject, thanks to the crackberry addicts in our home:

tuneusin.com

free ringtones to download direct to blackberry or to computer then blackberry. There is everything there, free. I find it somewhere between cute, funny and extremely annoying - but then I don't have one. the guys spend HOURS finding "just the right one" to fit each person on their list. Music, movie sound bites, toilet flushing sounds, you name it.

My apologies.

hugs.gif
: to everyone who thought bushes, even for a second. It gives me hope. Technology is great, but only if we still keep in touch with the natural world. So, hug a chicken while you talk on your Blackberry!

Back
Top Bottom