Blackjack 57 Question

I have not personally used Blackjack but understand that it is good stuff.
You are considering painting it for your reason. There is an equivalent product available in white. You may consider it. Not sure if available locally for you at a home center. I have read posts where peeps used it with satisfaction. Here is a link to the product. Not sure why there is such a price gap from $80 to $240 for 5 gallons. :idunno
http://www.bestmaterials.com/detail...MI6MK5-8ns2QIVClqGCh0a-gOOEAkYAyABEgJjjPD_BwE

I have not personally used Blackjack but understand that it is good stuff.
You are considering painting it for your reason. There is an equivalent product available in white. You may consider it. Not sure if available locally for you at a home center. I have read posts where peeps used it with satisfaction. Here is a link to the product. Not sure why there is such a price gap from $80 to $240 for 5 gallons. :idunno
http://www.bestmaterials.com/detail...MI6MK5-8ns2QIVClqGCh0a-gOOEAkYAyABEgJjjPD_BwE

Well...**sigh**...buying the "featherless kid" a car so...my "unlimited" budget for my coop is oh so quite limited now. :rolleyes: I do have an unlimited supply of that 40" x 40" plywood stuff I used on the coop I have now...and pallets. However...I'm thinking about weather resistance. My theory...and do correct me if I am wrong...is...if I blackjack those 40" plywood sheets first, they will last outdoors. The paint idea after blackjacking (is that even a word?) is making them more aesthetically pleasing.

I did see white stuff...but I don't want a glaring white monstrosity glowing in the woods either...so I'd paint over the white stuff too. I believe the white stuff I was looking at was Kilz 2.

Kilz is a primer. I used it. It is alcohol based and quick dry. Can be painted with any type of paint.
Any kind of paint is a good protect-ant . It does not need to be Blackjack.
Different paints live different durations of time. More expensive paints naturally last longer.
BTW here is Blackjacking,,,,, :gig

I used blackjack 57 inside my coop on the floor. I don't know if you can paint over it, but you could always call them and ask. A good paint over primed wood will probably work well also.

A primer and then paint would weatherproof the wood like Blackjack then?
See picture. The door...lower left. The separation issue resulted from one rain event before I got a chance to paint.
20171104_151126.jpg

If you do a good job covering all cracks with the paint. A second coat where you suspect water can penetrate, and you should see good results. If water cant seep in , then you will not have separation. It is the water/moisture that causes the wood to swell and expand and cause us these headaches. Keeping water out any way possible is key. :thumbsup
PS. make sure you are painting wood that is thoroughly dry to start with.:)

If you do a good job covering all cracks with the paint. A second coat where you suspect water can penetrate, and you should see good results. If water cant seep in , then you will not have separation. It is the water/moisture that causes the wood to swell and expand and cause us these headaches. Keeping water out any way possible is key. :thumbsup
PS. make sure you are painting wood that is thoroughly dry to start with.:)

I did sent an inquiry to Blackjack about painting it...but no response as of yet...

I may just do the paint route to save me some moolah...

I know moolah does not grow on trees. (unless the soil contains GOLD)
Consider asking the paint department about some of their MIS-HITS. They can open the can for your viewing. They can also enhance the tint if you do agree to buy paint anyways. Just an IDEA.
Be sure you are getting EXTERIOR paint. Interior paint is not as durable for outdoor use.

Consider also that down the road, you may run across some free vinyl siding. If it is different colors, then just paint it. Some peeps around me repainted their homes. Looks OK.
I live in urban area so there are many peeps that do post free stuff on Craig's list. There are many posting for very discounted Building Supplies. Often I see stuff thrown out, such as Vinyl Siding. Aluminum siding is quickly collected for cash recycling. Vinyl has no cash value at recycling. That is when peeps cleaning out their garages after years of storage are glad when someone is willing to take their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom