Bleeding Spur

My Honey

Hatching
Dec 24, 2021
Last Sat my rooster took off the outer layer of his spur. His inner spur was red n raw so I soaked it in Epson salt water. Few days later, he bumped it n it bled lots. I put him back in the water for his Epson spa treatment. It’s finally healing but it’s dark n black. Is this normal or is it infected?

PIctures? Spurs will bleed when broken, they usually harden up and are fine without doing anything. If they break off at the base, near or in the leg, then you can dab a bit of plain neosporin or plain triple antibiotic ointment on it once the bleeding stops. Many people trim spurs by removing the outer layer. It usually doesn't bleed much and stops quickly.

PIctures? Spurs will bleed when broken, they usually harden up and are fine without doing anything. If they break off at the base, near or in the leg, then you can dab a bit of plain neosporin or plain triple antibiotic ointment on it once the bleeding stops. Many people trim spurs by removing the outer layer. It usually doesn't bleed much and stops quickly.
🙏

Back
Top Bottom