BLIND HEN! How do i feed her?

With both eyes involved, it's probably not an injury. Did you check inside her mouth? If there are lesions inside, that would point to one disease, If the mouth is clean and pink, she likely has a case of MG, a common respiratory disease. You will need to treat her with Tylan if you can find it.

But you need to try to push the pus out of her eyes and then flush with saline eye wash and then put Neosporin in each eye twice a day. Once you clean the pus out, she will be able to see.

i got a good amount of pus out but there appears to be some wrapped around or clinging to the eyeball itself and i feared worse injury if i continued to swipe at it. i will try again in a few hours, i dont want to stress the chicken out too much. she still hasnt eaten, and only a little water when i tip her head back and put it in myself.

Have you flushed the eyes generously with a saline solution? If you have none, you can easily make your own by boiling a cup of filtered water with a half teaspoon of salt and half teaspoon of baking soda. Cool to room temp before using.

Don't forget the Neosporin in each eye twice a day.

Have you flushed the eyes generously with a saline solution? If you have none, you can easily make your own by boiling a cup of filtered water with a half teaspoon of salt and half teaspoon of baking soda. Cool to room temp before using.

Don't forget the Neosporin in each eye twice a day.
My dad helped me put one eye drop into the closed eye. I will make sure to generously flush with saline solution when him and I try again.

I flushed and flushed and flushed and gently used a qtip and was able to remove a lot of snot like fluid and also notably this large solid like pocket of pus! Super gross but a huge success in my opinion! The left eye is still quite cloudy and wont open all the way and certainly not at all without my help. She is starting to open her more clear eye (right) a little more, not fully but more than previously. She also was able to eat a little food so it's been a day tiny victories!

Attachments

• 20210227_180614.jpg
    20210227_180614.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom