Block swap. We need no more.

wee.gif

Neat!
I have mine ready for you when the package gets here.
Thanks!

I am so glad you got them. We did a swap before and I never received blocks from someone and we never knew what happened to them. It makes me so mad because I don't know how the PO can lose a package that size. If you ever saw my mail lady's SUV you'd wonder how anything gets delivered.

Hey y'all! Guess what finally showed up in my mailbox !?!
Just when I had given up hope of ever seeing them again, the package shows up.
The blocks are here and heading back out to you.
I am enclosing a SASE for the return of a block to me, if you so desire.

So, I wanted to let you ladies know what I have decided to do with the blocks from this swap.
I recently relocated here to Maine from Rye, NH. It is a small, very quiet seaside community. I heard sirens 3 times in the three years I lived there.
I was about 3/4 of a mile from the town of Greenland, NH, another idyllic, ocean side town with no crime to speak of.
We had a family tragedy a few years back & a local company tried to take advantage of me while I was going through a very tough time. The business called the police in Greenland to have them speak to me about a $2,400 towing & storage fee they felt I owed them - for a car that was not mine, but was involved in the incident. It was a disgusting situation during a bad time.
The Greenland police Chief, Officer Mahoney came to my home & assured me that he had informed the tow company in no uncertain terms that I did not owe them anything. He informed me that the police brought 85% of the cars to them that they towed, most of their business. He told me that if they harassed me anymore I should call him & they would never get another police impound vehicle again.
He was a real gentleman in a time when few people were doing the right thing by me.
This past Thursday (2 weeks from retirement) he responded to a call for backup at a home where 3 officers were serving a search warrant.
He was shot & killed, and 4 other officers are in critical condition. In a town with a non-existent crime rate it has shocked everyone.
My friends decided to make a memorial quilt for his family. A small token of our appreciation for all that he did in service to the community.
They picked red, white, and blue as the color scheme, but could only find a few girls willing to sew blocks.
I have decided to include our twelve blocks in his memorial quilt. I will send you ladies a photo of it completed, as planned.
I know it will only be a small comfort, but I hope in the years ahead it will reassure them that some in the community, while we could not give money, gave from our hearts.

I heard about this on the news that is so sad. If you would like my blocks to add to it let me know. Thats a wonderful thing you are doing. i can send them out tomorrow.

So, I wanted to let you ladies know what I have decided to do with the blocks from this swap.
I recently relocated here to Maine from Rye, NH. It is a small, very quiet seaside community. I heard sirens 3 times in the three years I lived there.
I was about 3/4 of a mile from the town of Greenland, NH, another idyllic, ocean side town with no crime to speak of.
We had a family tragedy a few years back & a local company tried to take advantage of me while I was going through a very tough time. The business called the police in Greenland to have them speak to me about a $2,400 towing & storage fee they felt I owed them - for a car that was not mine, but was involved in the incident. It was a disgusting situation during a bad time.
The Greenland police Chief, Officer Mahoney came to my home & assured me that he had informed the tow company in no uncertain terms that I did not owe them anything. He informed me that the police brought 85% of the cars to them that they towed, most of their business. He told me that if they harassed me anymore I should call him & they would never get another police impound vehicle again.
He was a real gentleman in a time when few people were doing the right thing by me.
This past Thursday (2 weeks from retirement) he responded to a call for backup at a home where 3 officers were serving a search warrant.
He was shot & killed, and 4 other officers are in critical condition. In a town with a non-existent crime rate it has shocked everyone.
My friends decided to make a memorial quilt for his family. A small token of our appreciation for all that he did in service to the community.
They picked red, white, and blue as the color scheme, but could only find a few girls willing to sew blocks.
I have decided to include our twelve blocks in his memorial quilt. I will send you ladies a photo of it completed, as planned.
I know it will only be a small comfort, but I hope in the years ahead it will reassure them that some in the community, while we could not give money, gave from our hearts.

Thanks, Gin.
I think we're going to give the local girls a chance to add some blocks, but I appreciate the offer. I'll let you know if the local gals don't pick up the slack.
The girl who is organizing it had planned to have one block that was the same that ran around blocks of other people's choosing. This plays into that well, and gives her the freedom to make some free choice blocks. I will go spend the day with her & we'll piece it and I'll help make the border & she'll quilt it on her machine.
Now I am under the gun to finish my sweetheart's quilt, as well as the other blocks for the new swap, before Memorial Day weekend when we plan to finish the quilt. (If I have quilts we'll quilt them on her big machine that weekend, too.) Luckily, his is half done. And I have border and back pieces cut. But I need more blocks, and I have not found the right fabrics yet.

I heard about that horrible story in the news and I'm very proud, that one of the blocks, I sewed will used for that memory quilt. Please let me know if you need more blocks, I will make some more. What's about the back? Will you piece it ? Let me know if you need any help

Balefire & Gin.
I was misinformed.
If you would like to contribute more blocks to the quilt we'll take 'em.
We'd like to have 45 of the carrienation blocks in red, white & blue, so I was confused - we do need more.
It is short notice, but if you wanted to donate more blocks I can PM you my address. We hope to piece the quilt Memorial Day weekend. It seems appropriate.
:)
Thanks ladies, either way that you decide. Sorry for the confusion.

Kitchengirl, I will donate mine also if you need them. I saw that on the news while in MN visiting kids, so sad. Let me know, and I agree what an honor to know blocks went for this family!

I will be glad to send you mine. I don't know why I didn't save your address so if you pm it to me I will send them out to you.

Balefire & Gin.
I was misinformed.
If you would like to contribute more blocks to the quilt we'll take 'em.
We'd like to have 45 of the carrienation blocks in red, white & blue, so I was confused - we do need more.
It is short notice, but if you wanted to donate more blocks I can PM you my address. We hope to piece the quilt Memorial Day weekend. It seems appropriate.
:)
Thanks ladies, either way that you decide. Sorry for the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom