Blood colored chicken poop

Do you have any why they would have this bloody poop from something they ate? If not, I would treat with Corid, even though it will undoe the coccidiosis vaccine. Worming might also be a good thing. Have you added any new birds recently including the other varieties?

Corid dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water as the only water source for 5-7 days. You can buy it at most feed stores in the cattle
medicines.

I did buy 5 bantams from someone but kept them seperate and gave them dewormer and sprayed them for mites.

Do you have any why they would have this bloody poop from something they ate? If not, I would treat with Corid, even though it will undoe the coccidiosis vaccine. Worming might also be a good thing. Have you added any new birds recently including the other varieties?
I did have half of a purple beet out in their compost bin, maybe one of them ate all of it. which could have made the poop that color.

all of the chickens were born last spring, I was going to wait until next spring to deworm them, or should I do it this fall.

I could just wait and see if there is more poop that looks like that tomorrow.
I would do that.
all of the chickens were born last spring, I was going to wait until next spring to deworm them, or should I do it this fall.
You can if you want but if there is no sign of worms there is no need to.

what about the ducks some of them are 1 year old and my other flock were born this spring should I do anything to them

Back
Top Bottom