blood coming out of pipped egg...WHAT DO I DO?!?

Tanichca

Sparkle Magnet
May 6, 2009
Akron, Ohio
ok so this morning i had a few chicks hatch, and i still have some eggs int he incubator. BUT one of the eggs that pipped now has blood (and quite a bit of it) coming out of the hole.... the chick is still vocal and moving around, but I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! do i help? Do i leave it?Argh.....
barnie.gif
i dont want this chick to die its how i lost the only chick from the last hatch....
hit.gif

Don't do anything. It's possible that it pipped through its own blood vessel- sometimes they do. If you do anything, though, you will make it worse. Be patient. The damage is done and you can't undo it, so you have to wait. Clearly, it will be hours before this one hatches, as it must pull its blood supply in- and you can see it hasn't yet. It will be a while. Be patient. They generally make through this, but it could be tomorrow- I'm not going to lie. Relax and be patient.

I know- it's really hard- like trying not to peek under the torn wrapping paper when you can see a corner of the box.

You have to wait!!

I would agree, I intervened once and I feel that it was part of the reason the little one passed. Mother Nature knows what she is doing even if little chickee is not necessarily with the program yet.

It is hard, but encourage you to hang in there and let it be...

Last edited:
Ok... im just really worried. The other eggs have all hatched well (those that have hatched, its noon on day 21 and i still have about 10 eggs to go) with little mess and a lot of peeping. This one has me biting my nails though
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom