Blood in beak?

MamaSalce

In the Brooder
May 9, 2020
Central Coast California
Did she hurt herself or is this normal?
B00D80CD-7FF3-40D2-9A80-AF19BC0D86CB.jpeg
7AD2B652-16AD-4881-B03E-A9161948A605.jpeg

What breed is this chick and how old is it? Do you have other chicks the same age and breed you can take pictures of for comparison? Thanks.

Sorry, additional questions. If you run your fingers over her beak does it feel smooth? Where the beak changes color just below her nares it looks like there 's kind of like a ridge, can you feel that, like a crack running along there? Is she eating and drinking okay?

Sorry, additional questions. If you run your fingers over her beak does it feel smooth? Where the beak changes color just below her nares it looks like there 's kind of like a ridge, can you feel that, like a crack running along there? Is she eating and drinking okay?
No problem, it’s smooth. It has just kept changing color. I thought it was normal because the others are changing as well but then today it’s very red, like blood red. None of the others is that way. Here she is a few days after I got her and she had a black edge by her nostrils then. She eats and drinks like a champ!
B0265F6B-0B46-4A0B-89FB-038525743E3A.jpeg

It may just be normal coloration that is changing as she gets older. If she's eating and drinking okay, it doesn't feel like a crack, and she's behaving normally, I don't think I would worry about it. But I could check on you in the morning and if you are still worried we could ask some folks who are more experienced than I to have a look.

Back
Top Bottom