??? Blood in poop, 2 year old hen, mid-winter molt ????

Quote:
Last January one of my Barred Rocks decided to go into full blown molt during record cold night time temps over a 3 week period. All the others had finished their molt a month before. There's no telling why she was late with her molt. Sometimes stress can trigger a molt...stress can be caused by many things. Perhaps it's just your hens time to molt. Since you wormed her last Monday, her guts might be out of whack abit, possibly causing the loose stool. I recommend you give her plain yogurt (probiotic) with scrambled egg (extra protein) mixed in her feed for a few days. The probiotic and extra protein will help rebuild her immune system and build her strength up and hopefully get her digestive system back in sync. The extra protein will also help her regrow her fluff/feathers quicker eventually. For dweder...glad the poop is normal!

Last edited:
My hen is about 8 months old and I have been giving her the yogurt and extra protien plus asp (vitamins ) in their water. When I have wormed with wazine in the past have not had any problems afterward.. What my concern is her lack of eating she used to be such a glutten now its very little and alot more drinking..And no she has not molted in the past not old enough..

Quote:
Sorry sparky134, I was thinking about dweder's first post regarding the molt. As for your 8 month old hen, you might want to stop the vitamin supplements in her water if it's been over 3-4 days. Too much can cause diarrhea. I ran into that problem with poultry nutri drench after 4 days of it mixed in their water. I guess it's too rich for them to take over a few days time period. I've never had any problems after using wazine neither. Maybe you could mix a little warm water in her feed and see if she'll eat it.

Back
Top Bottom