Blood in Poop? or lining?

shellie003

Songster
9 Years
May 11, 2010
NE WI
So Hubby and I and my 4 yr old were out checking on the girls this morning and my son noticed this poop on top of the waterer.
57174_101_2595.jpg

I noticed some fell into the water and I scraped it out and it looks like some lining?, a photo of that wouldn't work since is collapsed right away. My girls are around 20 weeks. Some have just started laying this week. And we have had a few eggs with blood smears, I just figured sore bottoms from laying. Everyone seems fine. All eating and drinking running around. I did give them plain yogurt last night as a treat since we got 6 eggs yesterday.

Should I be worried????
idunno.gif

have you fed them any berries lately or did the yogurt have fruit in it? Kinda looks like they may have eaten something from what I see. When they shed lining it looks kinda dusty rose color. From you pic it looks kinda purple or am I seeing it right

In the water where the poop fell the rest of the way it looked like some lining of a dusty rose color. We did however feed them black berries and raspberries (a few days ago), and a cranberry tree is above their coop as well even with a roof I suppose ones do occasionally get in. The poop looks a bit more red than purple. My husband thinks I am nuts for taking a picture of the poop and posting it. I just don't want anyone getting sick esp since they really just started laying!!!
fl.gif
hu.gif

Quote:
I agree, looks like berries. Since they're eating, drinking and running around acting like a chicken should....I dont think you have anything to worry about. But just to be sure, I recommend you monitor them and occasionally check their poop.

Back
Top Bottom