Runny Poops with Discoloration

AMont17

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2023
One of my girls seems slightly lethargic and just had a runny poop with some brown/red-ish discoloration, pictures attached. Is this coccidia? I rescued a roo that had coccidia but he had way more blood in his poop. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• 2F3449DD-DA3D-41BC-AEDB-53BFBCCC10D1.jpeg
    2F3449DD-DA3D-41BC-AEDB-53BFBCCC10D1.jpeg
    571.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 910A3223-2BC6-4E7C-82D2-365B134788E0.jpeg
    910A3223-2BC6-4E7C-82D2-365B134788E0.jpeg
    547.8 KB · Views: 15
Age? Diet? When did she lady lay? When did you last get a new bird?
She’s about a year and a half. She eats an organic mix with layer pellets, among other things. They have access to oyster shells and I give scratch grains. No new birds in almost 6 months. I have our vet do fecal tests every 3 months for parasites. Last test was beginning of Nov and there were no signs of parasites.

She’s about a year and a half. She eats an organic mix with layer pellets, among other things. They have access to oyster shells and I give scratch grains. No new birds in almost 6 months. I have our vet do fecal tests every 3 months for parasites. Last test was beginning of Nov and there were no signs of parasites.
Sounds good. When did she last lay?
Any wierd scraps? How much treats does they get?

She laid yesterday. I don’t give any scraps, unless it’s specifically prepared for the chickens (fruits & veggies). I haven’t given them anything besides scratch grains in about a week. I give scratch grains and cracked corn every other day or every 3 days. They free range in our yard during the day, nothing new in our yard.

Those poops like like a broken egg or maybe an infection.
Anything that would have made her, to your knowledge, panic?
Not at all. I worked from home today and I can see them out of my office window and nothing out of the ordinary happened. 🙁

That's so strange.
How long has she been lethargic? If only today, and id wait to see how she is tomorrow.
I noticed she was on our back steps around noon, which is typical. She loves to stand there and look in the kitchen window. But then she would only get down to drink and eat and would come right back to the steps, instead of being out in the yard with the rest of the flock. I live in South Louisiana and our weather has been crazy, hot one day, cold the next. Maybe she’s having a hard time adjusting to the weather change?

Back
Top Bottom