Blood in stool

Amazonlover

Songster
10 Years
Oct 11, 2013
Maryland
Good Morning,

I found blood in the stool of my three week old silver laced wyandotte this morning, and am freaking out a little bit. Do these look normal? I made an appointment to see the vet that sees chickens, about an hour away, but wasn’t sure if I am dealing with a real emergency. She’s scratching and eating and drinking and acting normal.

Attachments

• IMG_0978.jpeg
    IMG_0978.jpeg
    435.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0980.jpeg
    IMG_0980.jpeg
    574.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0328.jpeg
    IMG_0328.jpeg
    344.5 KB · Views: 9
That looks like shed lining. Can you put the poo into water and see if it dyes the water red? Do they go outside?
@SmiYa0126 thanks for the quick reply. They’ve only been out once, this past Sunday for 15 minutes (was planning on taking them out again today). Here’s a photo of one of the poops in water-does not appear to be staining the water red.

Attachments

• IMG_0329.jpeg
    IMG_0329.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 6
Thanks you both @Kiki and @SmiYa0126 for responding so quickly. She is eating and acting normal, no lethargy. How much Corid (since it’s for calves) in the water? Can the others drink it too or do I have to give her separate water?

Thanks you both @Kiki and @SmiYa0126 for responding so quickly. She is eating and acting normal, no lethargy. How much Corid (since it’s for calves) in the water? Can the others drink it too or do I have to give her separate water?
If I were going to use Corid I would treat the entire flock at the same time.
Buy the liquid and use 2 teaspoons per gallon of water for 5 days.
Make a new batch of treated water daily.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ol-ampromed-the-correct-amprolium-dose.73341/

1696429598460.png

Back
Top Bottom