Blood!!!!!!!!:O

vball lover

Hatching
11 Years
Aug 14, 2008
my chicken hasn't been pooping it's only been blood that's coming out.does she have a disease?will it affecet the other chickens?Help.I need advice!!!!!

Quote:
It is too late to isolate. Once the stools turn to solid blood, you can rest assured the entire coop has it. Treat all of them asap. Blood is a sign of intestinal damage, so prompt treatment is a must or your bird will bleed out and become severely anemic and pass on. Get the Sulmet and treat as directed in their drinking water..really easy. Let us know if you have any more questions. I hope they make a speedy recovery.

Jody

If you want to go all natural, a good natural antibiotic is D-Mannose. Get the powder (available at natural health food stores, like Super Supplements), and put it in the drinking water. It will clear up pretty quickly... we find it clears up in about 3-4 days....

If the chicken area is not kept clean, this stuff shows up pretty quickly and often, and in all of the chicks/chickens....

Hope this helps...
hmm.png

Dawn

Quote:
...the above will not help treat cocci in this stage ...please get the appropriate med at your feed store and treat your entire brooder flock immediately. Use of probiotic and prebiotic (D-mannose) can help control pathogenic bacteria as a result of the intestinal damage caused by the cocci (and also in preventing it)see here:
http://www.netvaxforpoultry.com/document_library/Hofacre reprint.pdf

Last edited:
Thank you tiki244. I am looking online @ Tractor Supply. I see something called Aureomycin soluble powder. Is that it? What I see for Sulmer is for Swine only. I want to make sure I get te right stuff since I am seeing some blood in my coop just yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom