Chicken salmon colored mucous/spillage from mouth

Ambrochia2001

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2023
Please help.I noticed yesterday that one of my hens was off by herself with a little bit of white droppings on her tail feathers.They are usually skittish but she just sat there and I was able to pick her up and inspect her.her vent was clean no swelling nothing but she strained her neck and started making weird stomach sounds like she was almost drowning and coughed up some salmon colored vomit mucous.I've done so much research on the color of mucous and everything comes up with "nasal discharge,clear discharge" .I went out this morning into the coop and she jumped off the roosting board and is sitting at the coop door for the run.I don't want to stress her out anymore so I'm looking at what could it be and how to approach it.I do not have an avian vet in my area so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Its possible i may have pressed her crop and unfortunately I didn't have my phone and it was sporadic so put her down and removed all my clothing and put it in the wash.she is also over a year old,she is a barred rock that I adopted a couple months ago along with her flock and she's not having any nasal discharge.

Back
Top Bottom