blood on poop board this a.m.

bucky52

Songster
11 Years
Apr 26, 2011
i think one of my 6 week old chicks have cocci.i have 10 chicks so don't which one has it.i have had them on medicated food since day one.they were moved out of the brooder easter sunday.they were all doing good.enjoying being outside and having a big coop
to move around in.the last few days i have noticed one of my americana had no interest in food,and was very sluggish.this morning
i found really dark blood on my poop board.i freaked out.i have treated them with corid ,so hoping i have caught it in time.

anyone.is their anything else i should do.and if i have not caught this intime.how long do they have i don't won't them to suffer.

if you have the place, maybe you can isolate that one bird so you can catch symptoms quicker & see if it's poop is bad. there may not be a correlation - this one feeling bad may not be the one w/the blood in the stool. one of them may have eaten something that was harsh on the gut.
i have no experience w/ cocci, but i know many things can cause blood in the stool.
good luck with your babies.

Back
Top Bottom