Blood on the eggs

Fferwm3

Hatching
Mar 30, 2024
My ducks has only started laying eggs in the last couple of months and the last few days I've found eggs with blood on it. Is this normal when they start laying or is there an injury I need to check for? Any ideas please. I'm new to all this. Thank you!

My ducks has only started laying eggs in the last couple of months and the last few days I've found eggs with blood on it. Is this normal when they start laying or is there an injury I need to check for? Any ideas please. I'm new to all this. Thank you!
Blood on the eggs means it was hard to lay I have had it a couple times and found it is most common for new layers, I wouldn't worry unless it is happening every day for a while or if their is loads of blood
hope your ducks are okay
Thank you. Its not every day but fairly often. Today i found blood on the floor too and non of the ducks are injured sp can only assume its come from the same duck as the bloody egg. Anything i can do to help her? Thank you!

Thank you. Its not every day but fairly often. Today i found blood on the floor too and non of the ducks are injured sp can only assume its come from the same duck as the bloody egg. Anything i can do to help her? Thank you!
Well that's not good if you are seeing blood on the floor, can you catch your ducks and look at their vent (and every were else) look for a prolapse or blood around the vent or on the feathers
@New duck mommy 2021 @sourland @WVduckchick any ideas

A belated :welcome I would not be concerned unless blood on eggs or bleeding becomes excessive. A slight tear can take a while to heal.

Back
Top Bottom