blood ring or blind

I have gone with the instructions in the bator to keep it at 99.5 . I have had some really good hatches from it before . my bantams have always came early . I know you are supposed to lower the temp at time of hatch but i am sure they didnt mean by this much. I hope it dont effect the babies by developing to slow. taking longer to hatch i can handle, deformed , not so much. again , thank you for all the info.
hugs.gif

Thank you!!! We just had this "discussion" on another thread and I was basically told I was confused and you are supposed to count the day you set them. That is not what I was taught and it makes sense to me that day one starts 24 hours after set with day two starting 48 hours after. Glad to know that i am not crazy....lol

No you are not crazy it is how it works there is no development when you first set!! :thumbsup

Is it possible to put the embryo picture link on my page where it says public messages ? I would love to be able to find it when its needed? If you can, i would very much appreciate it. If its possible I meant.

I have gone with the instructions in the bator to keep it at 99.5 . I have had some really good hatches from it before . my bantams have always came early .  I know you are supposed to lower the temp at time of hatch but i am sure they didnt mean by this much. I hope it dont effect the babies by developing to slow. taking longer to hatch i can handle, deformed , not so much.  again , thank you for all the info.:hugs  

If you have had good hatches before I'm sure they will be fine. I've found bantams hatch day 20. Maybe instructions say 99.5 because of where thermometer is in it. They are all different and designed different for air flow/movement etc.

Polish are one of my top favorite birds. this one is gone now but he was my all time best buddy ! Spazz
Mine too!! Lovely pic of Spazz. I've had quite a sad week this week. I lost my favourite bird Poppet a polish roo. He had a second bout of wry neck that I couldn't get him through and it just wasn't fair on him to keep him going for my own sake. Nursed him through the first a few months ago and was keeping him as a pet and not for breeding as he was just lovely, proper lap chicken.
Here he is, God love him :love

oh yes, he was beautiful. so soft looking ! I am sorry for your loss. I have a couple cand corns i was going to put with spazz and i just picked up a really nice swedish flower roo that looks a lot like him. I dont breed for others. LOL mine are eye candy just for me. !!!

Back
Top Bottom