Bloody poop? pictures

keep a very close eye on it if it begins to look like blood its coccidosis and it's best treated with Corid
Corid kills all 9 strains of cocci. you might want to get the corid to have on hand incase. look for other symptoms such as extremely sleepy; head down eyes shut; ruffled feathers; lethargy: loss of appetites. ect. if you don't see any symptoms it very well could be lineing.I know it freaks me out too when I see the lineing. I'd just keep a watchful eye out for symptoms. to be safe. usually you can see its lineing if you scoop it up and look under a bright light. I'll do this myself sometimes. hope this helps. best of luck!

Corid (Amprolium) does not kill all 9 strains of Coccidiosis. Some of the intestinal strains are often resistant to Amprolium. Sulfadimethoxine is effective against those strains. I know because I stopped an outbreak of Coccidiosis with Sulfadimethoxine when Corid couldn 't.
See Table 4 on the following link:
http://www.thepoultrysite.com/articles/1138/coccidiosis-control

Last edited:
I have a similar looking poop from a 5 wk EE but there are none of the other symptoms you mentioned. should I just keep an eye on her and see if I start to see a problem with her? She has pooped this way every so often since I have had her.

Back
Top Bottom