Bloody poop under the roosting bar... How concerned should I be??

Hi all, I'm wondering how long to keep my sick chicken separated from the rest of the flock? She's been pretty listless the past two days, just standing in the crate pretty disinterested in everything and not eating or drinking much. I've actually been worried each morning when I go to check on her that she won't have made it through the night. This morning I went to see her and she looked a little perkier though. She was actually preening herself! I made her a little bit of oatmeal with homemade applesauce to try and entice her to eat and she did nibble at it a bit and then was pecking at a zip tie on the dog crate and kind of scratching around in there a bit. Her comb looked a little less pale too. So I'm hoping she's rounded the bend and is on her way to recovery..

I'm guessing as she starts to feel better she'll start missing the flock..I don't want to put her back too early and risk a relapse or her getting picked on since she's probably a lot weaker. She also still has the runs, but it doesn't look bloody anymore, just light brown and watery. Any thoughts on when she should go back? Should I wait for solid poops and normal eating and drinking or will she be more likely to get back to normal quicker with her flock around her. They have all been exposed and are all being treated so it's mostly her I'm worried about.

Back
Top Bottom