Bloody watery Poop!?

One of my hens just pooped in front of me and it’s bloody and watery. I don’t know which hen as they were clustered together in front of me eating treats. What does this mean? What should I do?

They are all one year old. I keep the coop fairly clean and they are well taken care of. They have a semi-large run and get one hour of supervised free range time daily. Breeds are Sussex, Brahma and australorp.
Please get some photos of the poop. Thank you.

At one year old, your birds should be fairly resistant to the strains of Coccidia found in their environment.

If you know which hen pooped watery bloody poop, pick her up and examine her vent to make sure she's not prolapsed or has some type of injury to the vent.

Worms are a possible cause of blood in the poop in older birds, so if you can, get a fecal float to see if they need to be dewormed.

Please get some photos of the poop. Thank you.

At one year old, your birds should be fairly resistant to the strains of Coccidia found in their environment.

If you know which hen pooped watery bloody poop, pick her up and examine her vent to make sure she's not prolapsed or has some type of injury to the vent.

Worms are a possible cause of blood in the poop in older birds, so if you can, get a fecal float to see if they need to be dewormed.
Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom