Blooie's Blankie Fort

I got these eggs in two separate shipments.  The group that was given to me by @LocalYokel
 arrived in layers of foam with each egg pocketed in a little cut-out and then packed with more foam.  The ones I ordered were individually packed in bubble wrap (many layers) and padded with newspaper.  It hasn't made a difference which way they came shipped - there are air cell issues with eggs from both boxes.

Mine from MPC weren't perfect either.

Shipping equals bad news, lol

They did all hatch though.

Mines came in a box padded with newspaper with each egg individually wrapped.

I've had double boxed eggs with imperfect cells too.

Lotta vibration, bumps and rough handling

You will still do fine!
:hugs

I was just logging in to do a report! Your timing is impeccable!

Okay, here's the tally as of tonight, Day 13. I still have:

2 Cream Legbars out of 3
2 Green Magnolias out of 6
1 Olive Egger out of 3
3 Ameri-flowers out of 7
1 Bielefelder out of 2

In addition to those lost above, I lost:
2 Swedish Flower Hens out of 2
3 Blue Marans out of 3
1 Black Copper Marans out of 1 (I was actually shipped 2 but I broke one the first day)

It's pretty disheartening.....some clears, some blood rings early on, a couple of quitters, but the issue all along has been the air cell detachment, and there's nothing anyone can do about that. It's just inherent with shipped eggs, and I ended up with a lot of them, I'm sure because they just don't get here very fast, no matter how they're shipped. We don't even bother with having people send us stuff overnight because there is no such thing here.

So me and the Good Lord will just keep these last 8 going. Those are all tripping the light fantastic in their shells, dancing and active and the air cells look pretty good, except for one that's pretty saddled. We'll see!

The 8 (or however many make it to the finish line) will be that much more precious given their odds of making it through. How much longer are we waiting until we meet the babies?

Impatient, who, me?

Got a ways to go yet, PC - hatch date is April 12, give or take! I failed to note that I have one egg I wasn't sure of yet, so I didn't pull that one either, so there's actually 8 and a question mark left in the incubator!

Last edited:
I may need to put the markers down and get me a pack of smokes the way this is going!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom