Blooie's Blankie Fort

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Blooie, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    No thanks......they are chocolate. <shudder> I don't like chocolate! But I'll take a margarita and some salted peanuts!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. potato chip

potato chip lunch-sharer

I'll have yours then, shall I? Garcon, another snickers, s'il vous plait. I'll have the senor bring you your margarita.

3. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    North
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    [​IMG]

Share??? Please??? lol

5. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    Sorry for the blood rings, dropped egg and clears. Congrats on the 8 strong and good luck on the one questionable!! [​IMG]

Yesterday I locked down 13 shipped eggs and 9 of my silkie eggs. I had 2 pips this morning (both silkie). I haven't candled the 27 eggs that are due 4/16, or the 43 that are due to hatch 4/21. Most of those are in the Brinsea which is too hard to open by myself. Next week (day 15 and day 10) I'll candle the whole incubator. I'm the type unless I see a DEFINITE blood ring, I leave them in. I just pull out the clears or questionables if I need room, or at lockdown.

Good luck everyone!

6. potato chip

potato chip lunch-sharer

No worries, do you want to jump on a plane or send me the airfare? LOL

I really admire Blooie and all of you who are hatching eggs. Before this thread I really didn't understand what a complex and involved process it was. I thought you just kept the eggs warm and chicks came out....

I think I'd find it too stressful to go through (not that I can when I'm living in the suburbs). Kudos to all of you who help bring chicks into the world.

7. chickendreams24

chickendreams24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2015
    Wisconsin, USA
    Margaritas all around :)
    If you don't mind no smoking in the blankie fort please, I have asthma.

Last broody finished up her hatch today. Our eggs. Out of the 8 that made it to lockdown for her all of them hatched perfectly, 7 slw/buff orp mixes, and 1 pure slw.

8. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    If I get to go to Australia- I'll jump on the plane!!! lol Has been my dream since I was a teenager....lol

9. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Hey Blooie - you are at abut 4,000 feet in elevation, right? Do you know what elevation the eggs were laid at?

Eggs that travel far enough uphill can have lower hatch rates. (On top of shipping damage).

1 person likes this.
  10. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    It's a LONG flight, but a beautiful country!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by