Blooie's Totally Rockin' Deviled Eggs

Blooie

Team Spina Bifida
9 Years
Feb 25, 2014
Northwestern Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
So I was going to post this in the recipe contest, but I just knew they were so doggone awesome they'd blow the competition out of the water, so I thought I'd share my recipe here. BYC has been incredibly valuable for hints and tips on how to successfully hard cook eggs and I thank you one and all! This delicious appetizer/picnic treat wouldn't have been possible without you!

You will need:
*Buncha fresh eggs (on accounta you're gonna mess up a couple - or many)
*Water to cover (A large pot is handy for this. Otherwise the water just runs off the eggs)
*Mayo or Miracle Whip I prefer Miracle Whip - I need all the help I can get!
*Yellow or Dijon mustard
*Salt, to taste
*Pepper, to taste
*Paprika Lots and lots of paprika

Prepping:

*Either poke a small hole in the fat end of each egg..... OR
*Make a small crack in each egg (this process usually results in an unexpected platter of scrambled eggs later)..... OR
*Put a large quantity of salt in the pot of water..... OR
*Put vinegar in the pot of water..... OR
*All of the above.

Cooking:

*Gently place eggs in water & bring to a boil. (Be careful, some already have holes or cracks in them)
*Turn off heat and let eggs sit in the water, covered, for 5 (OR 10 OR 20) minutes.

*After the timer goes off (or whenever you remember they're still sitting there) put the eggs in a large bowl of ice water until cool..... OR
*Put eggs in cold water until cold..... OR
*Put in the fridge overnight and have nachos while you wait for tomorrow..... OR
*Peel eggs under running water
No matter which method you prefer, eventually you will have to peel them...... OR

*Cut eggs in half and scoop out with a spoon. Gently remove the yolks and put them into a small bowl, and put the white parts on a decorative platter. Um, very decorative. You definitely will want decorative.

NOTE: One or two of them might leak when filled. Just overfill them and don't sweat it.

*Mix yolks with Mayo or Miracle Whip) a little mustard - amounts of each will depend on how many salvageable eggs you ended up with.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir mixture well until smooth and creamy.

*Look over egg halves for shell bits and remove any you find.
*Fill the little hole in the egg white with yolk mixture. Check for and remove more shell bits.
*Sprinkle with paprika If your eggs look like mine do at this point, roll the whole bloomin' deviled egg in paprika to hide gaps, rips and tears in the egg whites and cover any missed egg shells.

Boo-yah! NAILED IT!

Last edited:
Bloooooooiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee (say that out loud in your whiniest voice), you should have entered this in the chicken/egg recipe contest! It's the perfect recipe (plenty of options for personalizing) and you have all the pictures too. Shoot girl, we need more entries in that contest. There are 3 prizes and so far only 2 of us have entered, so see, you would have stood a good chance of winning it all with this ingenious easy-to-follow recipe.

Boo-hoo-yah
gig.gif

I actually did it just to enter the contest, but then I thought that it might be just a tad too tongue-in-cheek for that kind of contest. So I just posted it for fun.

It was fun!

And personally, I love tongue-in-cheek, it has a unique after taste.
lol.png

I bet they were delicious! Looks aren't everything you know.

Bloooooooiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee (say that out loud in your whiniest voice), you should have entered this in the chicken/egg recipe contest! It's the perfect recipe (plenty of options for personalizing) and you have all the pictures too. Shoot girl, we need more entries in that contest. There are 3 prizes and so far only 2 of us have entered, so see, you would have stood a good chance of winning it all with this ingenious easy-to-follow recipe.

Boo-hoo-yah
gig.gif
x2

Hey, that's how I make mine, except I add some sweet pickles.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom