Blowing your nose in class - rude or acceptable?

MamaRoo

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
A ferry ride away, WA
I record the class I'm taking so I can re-write the notes. There's one annoying kid who either has bad allergies, or has been sick for a while, because he will, several times, blow his nose LOUDLY during class. I'm now doubly annoyed because not only is it disruptive the first time, I can't here the prof talking on my recording during his blows.

Am I alone in thinking you should just sniffle quietly during class and do your blowing on your own time?

Quote:
Would you rather he be making sniffling and snuffling noises every few seconds because his nose is running?

I am sorry he is annoying you, but I am sure if he could stop his nose from running, he would. Sit closer to the professor so the recorder is closer to him and farther from the nose blower.

It is NOT rude to use ones sleeve. It is rude to use someone ELSE'S sleeve.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Would you rather he be making sniffling and snuffling noises every few seconds because his nose is running?

I am sorry he is annoying you, but I am sure if he could stop his nose from running, he would. Sit closer to the professor so the recorder is closer to him and farther from the nose blower.

There are only eight people in the class, and the room only holds 15 - very small. Yesterday I ended up sitting next to him (in the front) and there is no pre-blow snuffling. He seems to go from fine to tissue without preamble.

It isn't his fault that he has to blow his nose constantly. He obviously has allergies or something that he can't control.
wink.png
I think it is perfectly acceptable.

Sometimes it just doesn't matter if it's rude or acceptable - sometimes it's just plain necessary.

I'd much rather someone blow their nose than snerk it back up incessantly. *shudder*

Back
Top Bottom