Blowing your nose in class - rude or acceptable?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MamaRoo, Oct 28, 2011.

1. MamaRoo

MamaRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    A ferry ride away, WA
    I record the class I'm taking so I can re-write the notes. There's one annoying kid who either has bad allergies, or has been sick for a while, because he will, several times, blow his nose LOUDLY during class. I'm now doubly annoyed because not only is it disruptive the first time, I can't here the prof talking on my recording during his blows.

Am I alone in thinking you should just sniffle quietly during class and do your blowing on your own time?

2. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    It's perfectly acceptable to blow your nose in public. It's rude to use ones sleeve.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  3. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Quote:Would you rather he be making sniffling and snuffling noises every few seconds because his nose is running?

I am sorry he is annoying you, but I am sure if he could stop his nose from running, he would. Sit closer to the professor so the recorder is closer to him and farther from the nose blower.

4. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Depends on the level of sniffling. An hour can be too long to go if your nose is endlessly running....

5. nomoq

nomoq Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    Elk Grove CA
    It is NOT rude to use ones sleeve. It is rude to use someone ELSE'S sleeve. [​IMG]

6. MamaRoo

MamaRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    A ferry ride away, WA
    Quote:Would you rather he be making sniffling and snuffling noises every few seconds because his nose is running?

I am sorry he is annoying you, but I am sure if he could stop his nose from running, he would. Sit closer to the professor so the recorder is closer to him and farther from the nose blower.

There are only eight people in the class, and the room only holds 15 - very small. Yesterday I ended up sitting next to him (in the front) and there is no pre-blow snuffling. He seems to go from fine to tissue without preamble.

7. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    It isn't his fault that he has to blow his nose constantly. He obviously has allergies or something that he can't control. [​IMG] I think it is perfectly acceptable.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Please remember this thread the next time you are struck with a runny nose for days on end. If I need to blow my nose, I am going to do it.

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Quote:Or to blow snot in the floor.

10. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Sometimes it just doesn't matter if it's rude or acceptable - sometimes it's just plain necessary.

I'd much rather someone blow their nose than snerk it back up incessantly. *shudder*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by