Blown out eggs!

I used to do this as a kid. We did it at easter and decorated them. We had a contest at school. As I recall Ann Seibert won. She used coffee grounds to make hair and made the head of a woman. It was pretty neat. I don't recall what I made. There was one kid who made a rocket ship.

Cool
smile.png
Sequins and glitter are some things I've also thought about. I've got a lot of shiny stuff like that around here. Another thing, a few years back when we were going through my grandma's old jewelry, I took a few pretty earring studs and such. They're old, but pretty! Lots of different things, some flowers, butterflies...everything. They'd make great hole stoppers.

Another idea I had (I've been making up ideas all day, if you haven't noticed already
tongue.png
), is that I could make chickens (or any other birds). Slap on some little buttons or googly eyes, some pipe cleaner feet, and glue some roo feathers on the back, and you've got a chicken!
big_smile.png
The comb and beak I'll figure out later once I raid my art supplies.

Awesome ideas!!!!

Or ooohhh...decoupage !!! You could cut out oldish looking clippings of chickens and paste them to the eggs...maybe stain them first with wood stain or coffee grounds!

This is an awesome thread...thanks for so many great ideas!!

Mrs. Glassman :

Awesome ideas!!!!

Or ooohhh...decoupage !!! You could cut out oldish looking clippings of chickens and paste them to the eggs...maybe stain them first with wood stain or coffee grounds!

This is an awesome thread...thanks for so many great ideas!!

Good idea
smile.png
I've used some decoupage glue before....smells pretty horrible , haha
sickbyc.gif

And felt would probably be best for the comb/beak
smile.png

If you don't want your egg to be heavy, you can use a funnel to pour a thin plaster of paris in the egg, swirl it around and then pour it back out. The thin coating will set up quickly and the egg will still be stronger and light as well. The thin layer inside will not shrink as much as a solid filled egg.

Plaster of paris has a tendancy to shrink as it dries and to fill the egg solid will mean the shell will eventually separate from the heavy inside.

Try rickrack and ribbons also. Hot glue guns will not hurt your shell either.

I do this all the time. Easter time mainly. I take dried flowers and modge podge them on. It makes for a beautiful basket. I haven't tried doing Christmas ornaments yet. I have seen some with old costume jewelry glued on them and they were so pretty!

Good Job!

ETA: I even use eggs as FLOWER POTS!!!! I will have to upload a pic tomorrow. I crack the tops out, put soil in, and plant moss, seedlings, and mini plants. I then put it in a cardboard/organic looking egg carton with the lid part cut off and it is a lovely shelf, table, kitchen table piece.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom