Blown / Painted Eggs

pawtraitart

Crowing
13 Years
May 30, 2007
Idaho
I'm trying my hand at a new craft! I'm primarily a colored pencil artist, but I can paint as well. Here is an example of my first attempt at painting on eggs. This acrylic painting is based on an illustration I did in colored pencil. The painting is on a black copper marans egg so the brown background color is the natural color of the egg. I painted a gloss over the whole thing. I'm going to put a nice bead topper on the egg so it can be hung.
eggunicornautumnrun1.jpg
eggunicornautumnrun2.jpg

Very pretty! I wish I had that talent. Can you tell me what the best way is to blow out the yolks? I would like to try that.....

I use a needle to make the starter holes. I then take a tiny round file and gently enlarge the hole on the bottom until it is the size I want. I then blow air into the top hole and the egg gradually empties out. I syringe some water into the egg to wash it out and then let it dry for a week or so. I have a carton of blown eggs waiting to be painted. I can see now that this is going to be an addictive hobby.
smile.png

Oh, I just found that there is another thread on this craft. Wow! It's going to take me awhile to get through all the pages. Awesome stuff.

Back
Top Bottom