BLRW'S from MMH

1mommahen

Love My Cluckin' Coop
13 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NJ
Anybody order blrw's from McMurrays? How's the quality?

I had ordered last year, but then MMH had their little glitch and I cancelled. Tried to incubate, no success, don't want to go that route again.

Anybody know where to order blrw chicks other than them? I'm in NJ and willing to drive a couple of hours this Spring if anyone has them. Thanks!
fl.gif

I was wondering about MMH's BLRWs also.

I have an order ready for Ideal, but they dont sell BLRW, so I was thinking about ordering some from MMH.

I would love to get them from BYC'ers instead, but think everyones waiting lists are already pretty long.

from what I hear the McMurray birds are the McKinney_Govero stock mixed in with the old McMurray Gold Lace stock. so you may get some good ones, and some average or poor ones.

Sun, I agree. But I still want them!! The only other prob. from MMH is they sell straight run only. Where are you in PA. I'm 15 min from Easton border. Maybe we could work out a share from MMH?

Here's hoping something else pans out too!
fl.gif

Im in South Central Pa, almost on the Maryland border. Easton is about 3 hours from me.

I want them too lol. I will probably end up placing an order. Maybe half BLRW and half EEs...not positive yet.

MMM stock isn't all that great. They've bred gold laced into them and basically ruined the deep mahogany coloring they're supposed to have (their lacing isn't very good, either), plus the body type isn't very close to standard. My basic stock is from McKinney & Govero before they sold to MMM, and I can tell you that from what I've seen of the ones being sold nowadays, MMM's are not very high quality. My old girls are huge, have good body type and coloring compared to recent photos of hatchery birds. I've gotten fresh stock from other BLRW breeders rather than a hatchery. The extra cost alone makes it worth it.

Blisschick -

Do you have a BLRW pullet or hen for sale? Or maybe lease?? I have a beautiful dark mahogany red BLRW roo that I want to breed desparately!

Katie

I just bought 2 BLRW chicks and a dozen BLRW eggs from Marans and More. They are out of Doglasville Georgia. I saw his breeders they were very nice big birds. The chicks are a week old and you can see the lacing coming in on the wings the are very pretty chicks. I don't think they have a waiting list yet. I have been very pleased with the chicks and eggs.

Thanks Tams, I'll look into them, do you know if they ship and can you post pics of your chicks?
roll.png

I live in Toms River , Nj and I will have eggs and chicks this spring. I have family in Easton PA that visit my mother in law in Belford weekly.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom