Blu Kote Stains Everywhere.

kenyabob

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 24, 2010
I have a crested polish that is low man on the totem pole, and after a somewhat fierce encounter with another chicken this weekend, she was left with a bloody noggin. I went to the store and picked up the 'quick drying' Blu Kote and applied it, being careful not to get it on me. I put her back into the coop and discovered this morning that she had succeeded in getting a good amount of Blu on the inside of the white washed coop.

I am going to try and get at it tonight with some soap and water, but I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem. I can always paint over the troubled spots, but I'd like to try and wash it away. I also considered using a bit of Soft Scrub to get it off and then wash everything down thoroughly and let it dry while the chickens are in the yard this weekend, but I am anxious about using bleach around the little guys even if its washed and dried before their nightly return. Anyone have any ideas?

Well, I know that when I get it on myself, I use eye makeup remover to get it off. I have no idea how safe that would be for chickens tho. Good luck. It does seem to get everywhere no matter how careful you are.

It seems to be quick drying on everything but the chicken. The small bit that got on my hands set in a moment. On the chicken it seems as if she got a few loops around the coop before the stuff dried.

Back
Top Bottom